Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fraternal Twins.


I hadn't planned on my next post being about shoes, AGAIN. So forgive me.

But blogger, Carly from Chic Steals, posted back in March about these Steve Maddens (below) that she scored. She does the most amazing DIYs and knows how to find great deals, so I'm not surprised if she found these for dirt cheap.


A few days ago I found a similar pair of Maddens. Strangely, mine sort of look like a knock off version of hers. Instead of a chic buckle, my shoes feature an elastic slingback closure which is a bit annoying to pull over your ankles. The thin stilleto heel was also replaced with a thicker triangular one. Actually, my shoes are just thicker in general - I feel like the fatter sister.




Steve Madden

Original Retail: $89.00

Found for $19.99

I'm not quite sure why Mr. Madden would want to make two nearly identical pairs of shoes, but I guess thats the way fashion is sometimes. Ordinarly, I run away from shiny patent leather. But these? I left the store without them one day and came back for them the next.

Even so, I'm STILL having second thoughts. To keep or not to keep, that is the question.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley!
    Thanks for your props above - and for posting these! If they're soo not your style and you don't feel comfortable wearing them- then def. let them go to free up closet space...but think - with a pair of solid or patterned tights - ankle socks if you're ok with the girly vibe (like from J. Crew's recent catalog LOL!) the cutouts would look great come cooler weather...and for now I would either wear them with shorter hemlines (cuz of the ankle strap) or with something long that covers the ankle strap so just the toe peeps out so your legs aren't cut off visually at a weird place... I'd KEEP!
    I love the triangle heel - it's so now! (Plus the previous Madden's I posted were this ugly shade of puke beige...not happening.)
    And you're so funny - "the fatter sister" *ROFL!!
    xoxox
    Carly

    http://chicsteals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. steve madden has some good shoes right now. they have some amazing copies of designer shoes :)

    xoxo

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete